Tuesday, May 1, 2012


We are:
Emily B. Senior, Social Welfare and Hispanic Culture Major

Travel has always been of interest to me, so this trip caught my eye right away. My passion for Spanish and the Latino community also fits quite well, however, this will be my first experience in a European Spanish speaking country. My faith also plays a vibrant role in my life and seeing and understanding the role of the Camino in the lives of pilgrims will be experiences of intrigue, learning, and growth. I am excited to explore new countries and I love to take pictures and write!




Jenna C.:
My name is Jenna Christensen, and I come from Waterloo, Iowa.  I am a non traditional student at Wartburg College studying Music Therapy.  I chose to go on this trip because I am very interested in the history (as well as music, culture and religious thoughts and practices) that surrounds this pilgrimage, and I expect to return home very enriched.  When I'm not studying, I am usually singing or playing to my cat Gandalf, or hanging around outdoors. 


Ashley H.
 Bonjour!! I'm Ashley. I am a first year at Wartburg and I am also an ethnomusicology major. For your convenience and so that I don't have to explain to everyone, ethnomusicology is basically the study of music in cultures. It's like anthropology, sociology, and music are sandwiched together to make this  field of study. Anyways, as you can probably tell, I love music. I am going on this trip to kind of jump start my college career and to learn about different cultures. Anyways, that's me in a nut shell! Au revoir!

Sam H.
Mi nombre es Sam.  I apologize for the large font but all the directions and options are in French.  Anyway, I am a third year psychology major from Oak Park, IL.  I love the opportunity to be able to travel and to see worlds that are different than mine.  These simple opportunities are the ones I live for and the ones I cherish.  Bonne journee.   

Emily K
I'm Emily and I will be graduating shortly after the end of this trip.  I'm an applied music major, and I'm not quite sure what I want to do when I graduate and enter the "real" world.  I'm from the smallish town of Nevada, IA that is right near Ames.  I originally wanted to go on this trip just to be able to travel and as a last hurrah for my senior year of college, but going through all the readings we have done and investigating the subject more, by intent has changed.  I feel that I'm more going on this trip now as a spiritual journey and an exploration into the lives of those that have traveled this road.  Hope you enjoy our posts!.


Carley W.: Hello! I am a second year at Wartburg College and am currently studying Elementary Education with an endorsement in special education. I enjoy being outdoors, dancing, and traveling-I have traveled many places, but never to Europe!:) I am going on this pilgrimage for the experience, the opportunity for self-discovery, and for potential spiritual growth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment